Sunday, March 14, 2004

I'm still here

I've been working hard on Lappland. I have both sleeves finished. I steeked the sleeves and have one sleeve in the sweater. When I sewed the shoulder seams the back neck didn't quite line up with the front neck. I realized that in playing around with the number of stitches I didn't do it correctly for the back neck. So, I steeked the neck a little more to match the front neck. It looks okay, but as a nervous expectant mother I'm worried about my first "baby". I noticed that my sweater, when compared to the sweater in the picture, the neck is lower in the front. I think it will turn out okay, but not exact. I learned a lot from this sweater which is good. Next time if I want exact, I will fork out the money for Dale yarns and not substitute. But all in all, it's still turning out beautifully. The first sleeve went in like a dream. I picked up the stitches for the front placket without problem. I could possibly get this sweater finished this weekend, however, I do have work that I need to do. Yes, I brought work home. If I wasn't so behind at work I wouldn't have.

The sooner I get my work done, the sooner I can get back to Lappland. Are you still wondering about my new "friend"? He's still not ready and no....... it's not Lappland. I'll give you a hint. His name is Eustace.

No comments: