Monday, January 11, 2010

The Ernie Project

Last summer, Bev and I met up in San Francisco.   There, we met up and made the great fleece/sock yarn exchange.  I swear, I got the better end of the deal;  I got around 4 or 5 pounds (not sure on the weight) of luscious creamy chocolate brown Ramboulliet roving and Bev got a bunch of sock yarn that was tucked away in a bin.  This fleece came from pretty boy Ernie.  I have been spinning for about 6 years now and I have never spun anything so soft.   I will 3 ply this and it will be aran weight.  Ernie is definitely going to be a sweater of cable-y goodness.  I don't have a clue how many WPI I'm spinning and I don't have a clue as to how much fleece I have.  I'm truly spinning blind here.  Ernie will become the sweater he's meant to be and I will be designing an aran just to show him off.   I will post photos later and will put up "Ernie Project" progress-meter on the sidebar.  Right now I'm just spinning the first bobbin so there isn't much to show.

Meanwhile, I'm just about ready to start on the main pattern of Lappland.  I think I can get it finished at lunch and be ready to go tonight when I get home from work.  Yippeee!!

No comments: