Monday, May 28, 2012

Eighty Five Princess Points

I feel I deserve way more than 85 points for these eighty five points.  If I have a chance to wear this, I better feel much more regal than a Princess, that's for sure.



I finished the eighty fifth point last night.  The ribs will take approximately 3 hours and what better time than to start picking up the stitches.  All eight hundred sixty five of them.  Yeah.  865.  I did this one point at a time. so I'll do it picking up 50 stitches at a time. 

I was curious how long this was.  Here she is, unstretched.  I laid this out being careful not to stretch it.  As anyone knows (who has knit lace) when you block it, it pretty much doubles in size.  Unblocked, unstretched, it measured 12 feet 2 inches.  Holy cow.



I was out in the back yard this morning and I decided my next yard project will be cleaning up and painting this little miniature bench.  I want to paint the metal black, and think the wood is best served by painting versus staining.  

I love the cats playing instruments in the back of the bench.  One is playing cymbals (or tamborine?), another is playing a drum, another a cello, and the one on the far right a violin.   So cute!



No comments: