Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Ten on Tuesday

This week's post is ten thoughts on the Oscars. Some years I watch it and some years I don't. This year? I watched. Why?

1. I watched it because Ellen was the host. I thought she did a great job. She seemed relaxed and involved the audience - she bought them pizza!
2. Watching the Oscars is fun because I want to see what everyone is wearing. I prefer the classy elegant look.
3. I wanted to see if Jennifer Lawrence tripped on her way up to accept her Oscar this year.
4. It was great to see Judy Garland's children and the tribute to the Wizard of Oz - one of my most favorite films ever. I think Pink sang Over The Rainbow beautifully.
5. Jared Leto's acceptance speech was perfect.
6. Lupita Nyong'os acceptance speech was heartfelt and inspiring.
7. Speaking of Lupita, I thought her dress was amazing. The color was perfect for her, classy, and elegant - however, I think I would have changed the low cut front to be a tad more modest.
8. I thought it was funny that when the pizza was delivered the guy thought he was delivering to some writers. He had no clue he would end up on stage. Ellen had him on her show the next day and gave him $1000 - $600 came from donations from Oscars night and were collected in Pharrell's hat. Ellen gave him $400 extra to make it an even grand.
9. I'm glad that no political and/or religious rants happened - at least from what I saw. I wasn't able to see every minute of the Oscars. There are those of us who do have to get up early and go to work. :-)
10. I thought the picture Ellen took and tweeted was cute but it has now become way overrated.



No comments: