Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Deer really CAN fly!

This morning our house was busy getting ready for work and school. As usual, the cats were their morning festive selves. Poppy (see below, he is modeling with the needles) was chasing Mia (the sweater model). Out of all the places for them to run, she managed to get her little hind foot caught in a loop of yarn hanging from my Lappland sweater. So, there she goes, running with the deer right behind her, and Poppy is even MORE excited because now he's chasing Mia AND the deer. He's thinking MAJOR BONUS! I'm running after them and I'm sure they're thinking, "Cool! We have Mom in on this too!! How fun!" I guess the stern "NO" (being said repeatedly) got to Mia as she stopped. In horror I saw several rows frogged down the hallway and my needle barely hanging on. Of course at that instant I wanted to kill them both. I retrieved my poor sweater. I looked at Mia and she had her ears laying down on her head and gave me that pathetic "Oh Mom! I'm so sorry!" look. I looked down the hallway and Poppy was innocently looking around at the ceiling and walls giving me that, "What??!" look. Over lunch today I fixed what was undone. When I go home tonight, all is forgiven. At least this time.

No comments: