Sunday, December 28, 2003

Dyed and gone to heaven

I have been wanting to do this for a long time and finally did - I dyed some sock yarn with Kool-Aid. I used tangerine and cherry. It turned out very well! It is a variegated orange, red, pink, and white yarn. I have one sock nearly done.

Also, I played with my two new toys - a swift and ball winder. Thanks honey! Kyle wants me to dye him some yarn and make socks for him too. Hmmm - I wonder what color a pre-teenager would like from Kool-Aid colors?? I'll have to think about that one. If anyone has suggestions, I'd like to hear them!

I'm looking forward to start my first Dale sweater, Lappland! Lots of moving around will be done over the next few weekends as my other son, Kris, will be moving in. After that, I should have my yarn to start my sweater! Yippee!

No comments: