Sunday, November 07, 2004

3 years in the making

I knew when I saw it I just had to make it. I didn't know who it would be for, didn't know how long it would take, but I just had to make it.

That was 3 years ago. It was carefully packed away before the last move, carefully unpacked and put with the rest of my knitting things and has been languishing in the basket since. I finally took pity upon it and finished it. It is the Hooded Pullover from Paton's Weekend Retreat book. I knit it in Paton's Classic Merino, dusky lavender.




When I got it all put together I instantly knew who it belonged to - my sister, Marlys. This afternoon it will be wrapped and put in a package on it's way to Virginia. Wow. Hope she likes it! Wow. I'm glad it's done!!

1 comment:

junie said...

Dear Jewel: Congrats on finishing the sweater. It is really nice. I am trying to be good and finish up a 'few' UFO's. Knit on Girl!