Monday, February 16, 2004

3 day weekend!

Being off today gave me a three day weekend. Saturday was beautiful and most of Sunday was too. My hubby and I rented movies and vegetated all weekend. Of course, I took advantage of this and knitted all weekend. I was in heaven! Today it was very windy and rainy and naturally I chose this day to go and get my hair cut and get groceries. Go figure, huh?

We usually go to the Sunnyvale Farmer's Market every Saturday. Since we got our bikes we ride there and pick up our fresh vegetables and fruits. We were SO lazy, we didn't even do that! Thank goodness we got plenty of apples last time we were there. If you are a local, you should go. If you want fantastic apples and a really good variety, keep your eye out for Prevedelli Farms. If you go to their web site you'll find out the different varieties and what time of year they're in season. Of course, my favorite is My Jewel. Just because of their name I had to try them. Of course I loved them - why wouldn't I????

I finally settled on a sweater pattern for my Mom and ordered the yarn.... acrylic. :shudder: That's what she wanted - something that could be thrown into the washer and would require no care. Thank heavens Val at Oregon Trail Yarn knew what to recommend. Thanks, Val!

Of course hubby and I weren't the only ones being lazy...




So, while the 3 cats were sleeping and my hubby was dozing in and out of consciousness, I was busy on Lappland:





I find that doing the reindeer in Lappland is the most difficult part, as there is no rhythm to the pattern. My favorite part in the front is the middle, where the placket is going to go. I like watching the swirls develop on each side. Unfortunately, I am going to put this on hold this week until I get my homework done for my Stitches West class on Friday.

Have a good rest of your week everyone!

No comments: