Friday, February 20, 2004

Stitches West 2004

I arrived at the Oakland Convention Center and the first thing I saw was...



I knew I was in the right place!!

I took the Cut Without Fear class by Therese Cheynowith. She was a very patient instructor and taught us a lot! I learned a great new way to sew shoulder seams that gives a clean neat finish. I also learned how to put the sleeves in and it's incredibly easy! I definitely came home with a feeling of "I can do this" and suddenly Lappland doesn't seem so intimidating. I also have to give credit where credit is due as well - thanks to my friend Annette from Australia. She sweetly helped me figure out the neck steeking. I understood it before the class today but now it makes even more sense!

Of course, the whole purpose was to learn to cut - and we all held each other's hands. Therese's words of encouragement were "take a deep breath", but personally I was thinking "I need a good screwdriver 'bout now." However, I did it. I did the dirty deed. I fear no more....



Of course I couldn't miss Sarah (a fellow KBTHer) behind the sewing machine! She did her first steek too! She chose to steek standing up. What a brave girl. I had to sit down for mine.



That's about it for now - I have to get back to steeking my Lappland neck!

No comments: