Thursday, August 12, 2004

Let's all say, "Awwwww"

Okay, I admit it. I'm a proud Aunt. Around the 4th of July I taught my niece to knit. I didn't hear much more about it and thought she had given up. However, to my surprise she decided to make a little blankie for their new puppy. Today my sister-in-law, Kris, brought her girls Elizabeth and Katylee to my work and we had lunch. During lunch I showed Elizabeth how to cast off. Did I remember to bring the digital? Yepper! Miss this opportunity? NEVER!

Here is Elizabeth proudly showing her knitting. Sister Katylee is in the background modeling her Cheshire Cat grin. Mom is hiding on the left. She thought she missed the camera - sorry Kris!



I think she did a spectacular job! It got me thinking about the very first thing I knitted. I knitted this awful dishcloth out of cotton. I wanted to think of something that could be used and wouldn't turn in to this dust bunny collector shoved under my bed. I made a dishcloth. Elizabeth made a puppy blankie. We all started with something. What did YOU start with?

No comments: