Sunday, August 01, 2004

What is it?

What weighs 2 pounds 10 ounces and has no arms?




Why, Alan's Alan, of course. I just cast on the first sleeve. Hopefully it won't take too long to get this finished. For those who don't know, this is an unnamed Dale of Norway pattern. So, I gave it a name. Alan.

My next textured project is Rogue! It's of Jamieson's Aran in the chartreuse color. This baby is gonna be mine - all mine!

As you can see from the top left of my blog, I'm feeling rather accomplished today. I have managed to get the basic blog necessities up and running. All the bells and whistles will follow, such as a new header at the top and my works in progress completion section. I learned a lot about HTML and spent nearly an entire day learning as I went. Of course, I would be a horrible person if I did not extend a sincere thank-you to all of you fellow bloggers who gave me help. Thanks Jen for the lesson on how to center. Hey! When you're just learning something as rudimentary as centering it's a BIG deal!

I finished the El Tigre socks and have cast on another pair in Opal, one of their millions of colors. Another thing I need to do is to get all of my links back up that link to my finished projects.

That's about it for tonight. The picture for tomorrow night will be one of the Oregon in progress.

Here's another close up of Alan's Alan for the road....



Tomorrow is Monday. Try to have a good one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work - love the pattern. I really can't tell the color - a beige with flecks of color? or is that the lighting. Anywho - it's beautiful.

Jewel said...

Unfortunately, it's the lighting. It's a solid natural color without flecks. I took it without a flash as it showed the stitch definition better.

Jewel said...

Renata - that would be great!! However, I promised myself that I cannot start until I finish my hubby's sweater. I already have 2 sweaters going plus now a hat. I don't know if you can wait, but if you can I would love to join you!

My Little Room In The Corner said...

Love the sweater! but you know what has been said about bobbles don't you?