Sunday, December 27, 2009

Giddyup!

Santa was nice to me this year.  He brought me a new iPod and yarn.  Lots of yarn!  He brought me some Hebridean 3 ply for St. Brigid and yarn for two hats.  One hat is the Appaloosa Hat.  I was so anxious to start it that I cast on on Christmas Day and finished it the next morning.  The yarn is Dalegarn Falk in colors Copper and Off White. 

I am a loose knitter and went down a needle size.  The resulting fabric is a bit loose for my taste even going down a needle size.  This was a great exercise for me to work on gauge for the upcoming Norwegian Knit-a-long.   The pattern calls for one skein of yarn of each color and this photo shows how much was left.


I finished the "Oh Ruby" scarf but haven't taken photos yet.  That and the details of the upcoming Norwegian Knit-a-long on Ravelry will be coming soon.

I hope you all had a terrific Christmas!

2 comments:

My Little Room In The Corner said...

Awwww. An appaloosa hat. It is cute. Looking forward to the KAL myself. It is going to be fun. And, once I am done with my little things, I can sit back and knit along with ya'll while doing anything I want! HA LOL

Lorraine said...

Love the hat.