Thursday, December 31, 2009

No New Year's Resolutions For Me

Two thousand and nine was a year of challenges for me but I learned a lot about myself in the process.  I learned to let go of a lot of things too.

In July my job shifted so that I ended up acquiring more work.  A lot more work.  However, with the economy the way it is I am most grateful that I still have a job.  I learned that I could handle the work load and challenges that came my way.

I also learned that I like having my blog and it's okay to write whatever I want.  I am not here to please everyone.  It is important to make myself and my family happy.  Okay, the cats too.  But other than that, I honestly don't care any more.  I let go of wondering what others think of me.

I'm also learning to let go of the things that just don't matter.  I'm letting go of the fact that I have such a huge yarn stash.  I enjoy looking at it and it makes me happy, so isn't that what matters?  Several years ago I sold some yarn that I just wouldn't use and I haven't missed it one bit.

This year I am not going to make any resolutions.  I am not going to make a promise that I will not buy yarn.  I am not going to make a promise that I will knit projects A, B, and C.  I plan on knitting whatever the heck I please when I please.  Knitting is very pleasing for me and I find it a great comfort when I come home from a long day at work.  Spinning is another pleasure spot for me too.  In fact, I've been spinning Ernie.  I will tell you about Ernie later. 

This year I'm going to do whatever I feel I need to do.  Losing weight is going to be a big thing for me in 2010.  I'm not setting a weight loss goal.  I'm just going to lose what I can when I can.  Life isn't a race.  Sometimes I try to make it so, and get frustrated in the process. 

The bottom line for me is to enjoy 2010 however it may happen.  I wish you all a very Happy New Year and hope it is a great one for you too!

3 comments:

miyamojo said...

YAY! Good for you! I'm not promising to not buy yarn either. That would totally be setting myself up for failure & guilt. Who needs that?!:)

Happy New Year! Here's to a new decade!

Lorraine said...

Jewel- Sounds like a great philosophy- you should be kinder to yourself.

Now about that stash...............

Brigitte said...

I agree with you 100% Jewel - no resolutions, no setting ourselves. I always say - if it's that important a change in your life, why wait until January 1st?

Happy New Year Jewel!