Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I'm still here!

I haven't blogged in quite a while so here's a catch-up post.

I finished the front of the Alan sweater and it's turning out very well! I have started on the back. Getting rather bored with it, so have put it aside and picked up Oregon again last night. It's amazing how many different colors there are in this sweater and how many different subtle shades of the same color there are.

I received several one ounce skeins of Black Water Abbey Yarn to swatch with. I swatched the pink heather using size 8 needles for Elsebeth Lavold's Ragna sweater. I just about got gauge, perhaps a little bigger. I washed it and was disappointed that I lost a little of the stitch definition in the smaller cables. The plaits, however, turned out really nice. The color of this yarn is incredible! Today I am going to do the same swatch but this time in Black Water Abbey Yarn color Rust. I will do it on size 7 needles this time. I just love that sweater so I'm determined to go through my stash and find the yarn that will work the best for it.

Still working on Mom's Bedjacket. After I get Mom's Bedjacket and Alan done I will cast on for my sister's Abalone sweater. However, none of this is in stone and these plans could change at any time!

I will post pictures of the above progress when I can.

No comments: