Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Ragna swatch and photos

I finished the Ragna swatch today in the Black Water Abbey yarn in rust color. The pattern says to use size 8 needle which I did in the pink heather. The fabric was.... eh.... and when I washed it I was greatly disappointed. It bloomed and I lost some of the detail in the side cables, although the plait still looked okay.

I did the swatch today in rust on size 7 needles and after washing it still bloomed a bit but I think the tighter gauge kept a lot of the detail lost on size 8 needles. The fabric is perfect and the gauge is right on the money. Before on size 8 it was a tad off, but I would have been quite happy having it a bit bigger.

Here is the swatch I did today:



Nice, huh? I think this is a winner for Elsebeth Lavold's Ragna!

Now.... on to the Oregon. I am pleased with its progress and it's moving along quite nicely. As noted earlier I put down Alan for a while as I needed a change. I was ready for some color again. Here it is:



And to show you the color that is totally amazing to me, here is a close up. These are the colors that attracted me to Oregon the first time I saw it:



That's about it for now!

No comments: